24 August 2012

And Stood There Amazed



The Ian Tyson record I bought yesterday was "And Stood There Amazed." 1991. Cannot hardly describe how good it is. Makes me want to go out and punch the first urban cowboy I see in the fucking head and take his girl away for a long weekend in a cheap motel in Lacombe.

Pretty much the whole record is written by Tyson with the exception of "Home On the Range." I had forgotten what a great song that is. When the wolves join in at the end of the song it is fucking magic.

My country is being ruined by a bunch of motherfucking assholes from Alberta. Ian Tyson is not one of them.

He is one of us.

Go buy all his fucking records.

7 comments:

paul said...

You don't need to say cheap hotel in Lacombe. There is no other kind there. I lived in Red Deer for 10 years, and I know.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

That's funny. Did Lacombe race horses when you were up that way? Their turf course, the only one of its kind in western Canada, has me interested in visiting the town.

paul said...

No, they didn't have a track at Lacombe. Quarter horses ran a few dates at the Red Deer exhibition grounds, but not many of them. If you go, drive the David Thomson Highway in one direction. It's a great road.

Anonymous said...

Saw Tyson at the PNE a few years back playing with the VSO. Good show. I'll have to dig out my cassettes and see if they still work. Cowboyography was the album that got me.
bfp

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

I do not believe I have ever seen a country band perform if you do not count the bands that rocked the fucking doors off the Windjammer back in the days when men were men and sawmills crowded one another on the shores of the mighty dirty Fraser.

Anonymous said...

I never went out of my way to see/listen to country back when I was younger. Remember a bar band doing a cover of Stand By Your Man at the Blue Horizon (Robson St.) in the 1980s. If I'd been a little smarter I would have gone to see the Billy Cowsill bands like Blue Northern and the Blue Shadows.
bfp

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

I had tickets to see Jerry Lee Lewis. Early '80s I guess. He just about died and had to cancel.